With the exam season around the corner, it is time to gear up for yet another national level exam of prominent importance; Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP). Since the exam will be conducted in December, therefore it is important to accelerate your preparations so as to ace this exam for secured admissions as one cannot simply write the same on good faith alone.
Also, a proper preparation strategy would be required to manage your time as well as complete the syllabus in the time remaining. In order to score well, the students are required to choose the right option for which some ideal approaches should be applied to revamp the performance in SNAP 2018.
SNAP 2018: General English
SNAP judges you on the basis of your English skills. In order to face the technological advances, knowledge of English is a passport to a better career. To crack the exam, you are expected to have a good vocabulary and grammar. The questions are generally based on Verbal reasoning, Grammar, and Vocabulary. Try to learn 15-20 new words every day so that you have a good command of the language.
The grammar section of the paper includes noun, pronoun, parts of speech, tenses, and prepositions. Coming to the test of your vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms and fill in the blanks are asked on the difficulty level of moderate to hard. You should also practice unseen comprehension passages since they are the scoring parts of the exam wherein the difficulty level is moderately easy. Questions based on Sentence Completion, Sentence Correction, and Syllogisms should be practiced. The verbal reasoning section tests your knowledge of para-jumbles and is not given much weightage in this exam. You are still advised to go through the basics of critical reasoning.
- Work on the basics of Grammar.
- Learn at least 20 new words every day and use them on a daily basis.
- Consult a grammar manual and refer to it when some grammatical question arises.
- Keep a good dictionary and Thesaurus handy.
- The more you read, the more you will be exposed to new words.
SNAP 2018: Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, and Data Sufficiency
This section consists of 40 marks and emphasizes on Arithmetic questions. The basic topics such as Profit and Loss, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Mensuration, Logarithm, Probability, Trigonometry, Time and Work, Time and Distance are covered in the exam.
Talking about Data Sufficiency, the questions based on this topic are easier than Quantitative ability. So your emphasis should be laid more on the basics of Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability as they let you fetch more marks and pass with a decent score.
- Have a sound control over mental calculations.
- Try out questions as much as you can. Refer R S Agarwal’s Quantitative Aptitude book.
- For topics like Trigonometry and Mensuration, learn the standard properties and formulae.
- Don’t panic during the exam. In case you find a difficult question, leave it and dedicate the remaining time to other answerable questions.
SNAP 2018: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, and Business Scenario
This particular section has the lowest weightage of 30 marks and tests your knowledge of the current scenario in every field. You are advised to be aware of important news, major awards in all the fields, social issues, world event and records, the punch line of companies, and current business related happenings. Random choices of answers may lead you to negative marking that can lower your score. So it is important to go through the newspaper every day and update yourself with the current news and articles.
- Read newspapers and magazines thoroughly.
- Refer good and informative GK books.
- For major current events, Manorama Yearbook can be referred.
- Participate in online GK quizzes.
SNAP 2018: Analytical and Logical Reasoning
This section consists of 40 marks and covers topics such as Critical Reasoning, Blood relations, Binary Logic, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, and Visual Reasoning. It is important to work on your concepts and keep your eyes and ears open and practice previous years’ question papers as much as possible.
- Go through the previous SNAP papers and practice more and more questions.
- Solve puzzles like Crossword and Sudoku regularly.
- Try performing mental calculations to save time.
Going by these preparation strategies, you can ace the SNAP 2018. Besides these approaches, effective time management, preparation of an agenda of the syllabus, and understanding the concepts are definitely going to help you achieve your dreams.