TAASIR :– S M HASSAN –28 NOV
* Delhi LG, Shri VK Saxena flagged off “Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra” in the National Capital
* LG administered Viksit Bharat Sankalp
* Sankalp Yatra is an important and meaningful effort towards the inclusive development of India: LG.
* LG flagged off IEC vans to disseminate information about the welfare schemes of the Government.
To raise awareness through outreach activities to achieve saturation of various welfare programs launched by the Government of India, Delhi LG Shri V K Saxena today flagged off the Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra in the national capital.
At the national level, the Yatra was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on November 15 from Khunti in Jharkhand on the occasion of the Janjatiya Gaurav Divas, marking the birth anniversary of tribal icon Birsa Munda.
Speaking on the occasion, the LG said Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra is a major step towards fulfilling the dream of a “Developed India” while promoting inclusive development across the country. “A number of welfare schemes, particularly those related to cleanliness, employment generation, Ayushman Bharat, PM Awas Yojana, PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana are being run by the Government of India, under the leadership of the Hon’ble Prime Minister. The Sankalp Yatra aims at raising awareness among the masses about these schemes and bringing maximum number of people, particularly those belonging to the weaker sections, under the ambit of these programs,” Shri Saxena said.
“On this occasion, I would also urge all the agencies and senior officials of the Government of India and the Government of Delhi to dedicate themselves to the works of public welfare and establish direct communication with the public,” LG said.
Hon’ble Members of Parliament from Delhi Shri Harsh Vardhan, Shri Manoj Tiwari, Shri Ramesh Bidhuri, Shri Parvesh Sahib Singh and other dignitaries were also present at the event.
The LG also administered a pledge – Viksit Bharat Sankalp – to all the dignitaries and people present on the occasion and flagged off IEC (Information, Education and Communication) vans to disseminate information about the schemes. Kiosks of DDA, banks, postal department, UIDAI, Union Petroleum and Natural Gas ministry and postal department were also put up, highlighting various government of India schemes.
The objective of the Viksit Vharat Sankalp Yatra are as follows:
- Reaching the unreached – reach out the vulnerable who are eligible under various schemes but have not availed benefit so far.
- Dissemination of information and generating awareness about schemes.
- Learning from the citizens – Interaction with beneficiaries of government schemes through personal stories/experiences sharing.
- Enrolment of potential beneficiaries through details ascertained during the Yatra.
Under the Yatra, on spot camps to be organized by ULBs/District Administration, concerned Ministry/ Concerned Departments.
- PM-SVANidhi Camp – All the ULBs
- Health camp – All the ULBs
- Aadhar updation camp – District Collectors.
- PM-Ujjawala camp – LPG Distributing Companies.
- Any other scheme decided by Government in due course.